2 Lower Sandgate Road. Folkestone. CT20 2DT
What 3 words: pitching/organisms/perky
Grid Reference: TR226356
Independence rating #1 Green Independence ratings
This route has a smooth flat path with the option for some uneven surfaces and slopes for the more adventurous. There are lots of regular seating opportunities. If seating is required then please bring rollator with incorporated seating or walking stick with seat. We can provide these on a first come first served basis.
Mobility / Sensory Accessibility
- Portable Seating required, but not always necessary as plenty of low and higher level seating provide rest spots.
- Near to seashore, so some background noise and occasional Aircraft fly over. Tour guide listening devices available. Bring own noise cancelling headphones to block background noise if required.
- Loop Hearing devices also available for use with hearing aids.
- Audio Description / Magnifying Glasses available for visual impairments.
Parking / Transport Access
- There is a council run carpark serving the coastal park at Lower Sandgate Road. Parking charges apply. 2x Disabled parking spaces and electric charging points being installed.
- Bus service- all services (including National Express) that run to Folkestone Main Bus station at Bouverie Square CT20 1AE.
- Nearest railway- Folkestone Central Station.
Highlights of Location
- Award winning green flag location.
- Access to Coastal Path.
- Sea view overlooking France and Dungeness Power Station on a clear day.
- Views looking across to Folkestone Harbour Arm.
- Lawn areas, wide smooth surface paths, decorative planting, landscaping, wild flower areas, wooded areas provide lots of shade.
- Interesting Wildlife, Flora and Historical and Geological Interest
- Close to Folkestone Town Centre.
- Disabled Toilets.
- Restaurant / Cafe / Amenities Closeby.
- Adventure play area (largest in the South East) and children's playground.